Cloze Test Solved Practice Set 10
CLOZE TEST 10
Whenever I –1– the moon, my heart –2– with pleasure. I wish I had –3– to fly up to the moon. I know if I could –4– to become an –5–, I would be able to go to the moon. Special equipment and a –6– training are required to go to the moon. I would have to wear a special –7– for –8–. My space shuttle would be equipped with –9– cameras and other scientific –10–.
1. A) looked B) saw C) viewed D) gaze
2. A) fills B) filled C) field D) feels
3. A) hands B) wings C) legs D) feelers
4. A) grow up B) mow C) blow D) show
5. A) astrology B) astronomy C) astronaut D) aristocrat
6. A) special B) ordinary C) common D) natural
7. A) trousers B) spacecraft C) space-suit D) space formula
8. A) breadth B) breathing C) bathing D) breathe
9. A) sensitive B) touchy C) primitive D) decorative
10. A) accessory B) things C) intuition D) gadgets
|1. D||2. A||3. B||4. A||5. C||6. A||7. C||8. B||9. A||10. D|
Solution with explanation
1. Option ‘D’ (gaze). If you see, this whole passage is a wish in the present. Therefore we need to use a verb in the present tense here. All other given words are verbs in the past.
2. Option ‘A’ (fills). The above explanation is well enough to understand that we need the verb to be in the present.
4. Option ‘A’ (grow up). GROW UP = to become an adult
5. Option ‘C’ (astronaut). ASTRONAUT = a person who has been trained for travelling in space
8. Option ‘B’ (breathing). FOR is a preposition, and after a preposition we use a noun, pronoun or gerund (verb + ing), BREATING is a gerund. Hence use of BREATHE will be wrong here.
9. Option ‘A’ (sensitive). In one of the meanings SENSITIVE = able to measure very small changes. Here it means cameras that are able to click tiniest of things.
10. Option ‘D’ (gadgets). GADGET = a small tool or device that does something useful. Other words given do not fit here.
For more Practice Sets on Direct & Indirect Speech (Narration) buy the following book authored by me.
LINK FOR BUYING THE BOOKCLICK HERE TO BUY