Cloze Test Solved Practice Set 11
CLOZE TEST 11
One of the major causes of the failure of –1– countries on economic front is their –2– to evolve a judicious mixture of –3– substitution and export promotion. Zambia which –4– on imports after its independence twenty years –5– has depleted 50% of its national –6–, whereas South Korea, which started its –7– development from a war ravaged status –8– the fifties by equalizing high exports –9– high imports, is one of the –10– nation today.
1. A) developed B) developing C) advanced D) advancing
2. A) inability B) disadvantage C) incapacity D) handicap
3. A) scientific B) invention C) export D) import
4. A) expected B) traded C) banked D) carried
5. A) later B) ago C) earlier D) since
6. A) capital B) deposit C) income D) credit
7. A) financial B) fiscal C) economic D) economical
8. A) up to B) over C) on D) in
9. A) over B) with C) and D) into
10. A) richest B) innovative C) prolific D) advancing
|1. B||2. A||3. D||4. C||5. B||6. A||7. C||8. D||9. B||10. D|
Solution with explanation
1. Option ‘B’ (developing). DEVELOPING = A developing country or area of the world is poorer and has less advanced industries, especially in Africa, Latin America, or Asia. Though other options may be grammatically correct here, if we read the passage completely it suggests we are talking about DEVELOPING countries here.
4. Option ‘C’ (banked). BANK ON = to depend on something happening or someone doing something; e.g.
They’re banking on him to save the match.
10. Option ‘D’ (advancing). ADVANCING = moving forwards or progressing
For more Practice Sets on Direct & Indirect Speech (Narration) buy the following book authored by me.
LINK FOR BUYING THE BOOKCLICK HERE TO BUY
For chapters/topics on English Grammar read the following book authored by me.
Link for buying the above bookCLICK HERE TO BUY