Cloze Test Solved Practice Set 13
CLOZE TEST 13
The Congress –1–issued on the eve of the –2-– elections contains an open endorsement of the Dunkel Draft. Stress has been –3– allaying two specific apprehensions. The Dunkel Draft, the manifesto says, poses no –4– to food subsidies and the subsidy-based public –5– system. The GATT treaty, it is explained, would allow –6– to the extent of 10% of the market price. Second, there should –7– be no fear on account of the Dunkel stipulation of allowing –8-– of farm products up to three per cent of its domestic output. Imports of such a piffling order, according to the manifesto, could –9– no threat to the domestic price –10–.
1. A) manifesto B) Paper C) draft D) souvenir
2. A) past B) immediate C) recent D) old
3. A) put on B) laid on C) given D) placed on
4. A) threat B) danger C) problem D) situation
5. A) dealing B) working C) distribution D) relation
6. A) concession B) allowance C) subsidy D) aid
7. A) too B) even C) also D) exactly
8. A) imports B) exports C) sell D) purchase
9. A) make B) pose C) affect D) create
10. A) system B) line C) structure D) pattern
|1. A||2. C||3. B||4. A||5. C||6. C||7. C||8. A||9. B||10. C|
Solution with explanation
1. Option ‘A’ (manifesto). MANIFESTO = a public declaration of policy and aims, especially one issued before an election by a political party or candidate
2. Option ‘C’ (recent). RECENT = happening or starting from a short time ago; e.g.
Have you been following recent political events?
3. Option ‘B’ (laid on). LAY STRESS ON SOMETHING = to emphasize something because you believe it is very important; e.g.
In addition to the need for humility, discipline and single minded devotion in the quest for truth Gandhi lays stress on prayer.
4. Option ‘A’ (threat). POSE A THREAT = to cause a problem; e.g.
His ill health poses serious problems for the future.
6. Option ‘C’ (subsidy). SUBSIDY = Monetary assistance granted by a government to a person or group in the public interest e.g.
The government is planning to abolish subsidies to farmers.
8. Option ‘A’ (imports). IMPORT = bring (goods or services) into a country from abroad for sale
For more Practice Sets on Direct & Indirect Speech (Narration) buy the following book authored by me.
LINK FOR BUYING THE BOOKCLICK HERE TO BUY
For chapters/topics on English Grammar read the following book authored by me.
Link for buying the above bookCLICK HERE TO BUY