Cloze Test Solved Practice Set 18
CLOZE TEST 18
In most of the world’s major religions today only one god is worshipped. But in many ancient religions followers worshipped a –1– of gods. God had special –2– and responsibilities, and some could appear in a variety of forms. The myths and –3– of ancient cultures and the range of gods worshipped often changed over thousands of years as different gods and goddesses rose and fell in importance. Those listed –4– a selection of the most –5– and long standing gods of the world’s ancient culture.
1. A) group B) posse C) cartel D) team
2. A) contours B) qualities C) characteristics D) features
3. A) legends B) folktales C) stories D) fables
4. A) are B) was C) were D) have been
5. A) applauded B) honored C) revered D) rebuked
|1. A||2. C||3. A||4. A||5. C|
Solution with explanation
1. Option ‘A’ (group). You cannot choose TEAM (option ‘D’) as a team is a group of people who work together as a team. But you see GODS don’t work together, they work individually as separate identities; e.g.
Each specialist consultant has a team of doctors under him.
2. Option ‘C’ (characteristics). CHARACTERSTICS = a typical or noticeable quality of someone or something; e.g.
The male bird displays several characteristics which distinguish him from the female.
NOTE: You cannot choose QUALITIES (option ‘B’) as this only tells how good or bad something is; e.g.
The quality of the picture on our television isn’t very good.
3. Option ‘A’ (legends). LEGEND = A legend is a very old and popular story that may be true. STORY = a story is a description of imaginary people and events, which is written or told in order to entertain.
4. Option ‘A’ (are). You can’t use the verb in the past tense here as the gods are still there. Also you need the verb to be in the Present Simple Tense as we have to just show their existence.
5. Option ‘C’ (revered). REVERED = very much respected.
For more Practice Sets on Cloze Test buy the following book authored by me.
LINK FOR BUYING THE BOOKCLICK HERE TO BUY
For chapters/topics on English Grammar read the following book authored by me.
Link for buying the above bookCLICK HERE TO BUY