CGL EXAM: IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR CPT
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR CPT
1. How the Data Entry Speed Test (DEST) is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC), and rules of typing?
1. ID check
2. Attendance is taken (biometric). Every candidate will be supplied with a photo bearing attendance Sheet with his Roll Number. He will be required to sign it and put his Left Hand Thumb impression before the beginning of the Test.
3. A slip is issued that you have to stick on your shoulder
4. You then will be taken to the computer room
5. You will be told about DOs and DON’Ts
6. Before the start of the Data Entry Speed Test (DEST) you are given a test passage for 5 minutes in order to enable you to adjust to the system and key board provided by the Commission.
7. In the Staff Selection Commission (SSC), for the Data Entry Speed Test (DEST) a printed passage of 2000-2200 key depressions to be typed in 15 minutes. After the stipulated time i.e. 15 minutes the computer stops working.
8. Then press SAVE and PRINT which is displayed on the screen exactly after 10 or 15 minutes, as the case maybe, from the start of your test.
9. You should not press the control+save keys during the test.
10. You can use ARROW KEYS, BACKSPACE or MOUSE to correct a mistake anytime during the test.
11. Use the TAB key once if there is space in the start of the passage. If there is no space in the beginning of the para don’t use the TAB key.
12. Just after a para finishes use the ENTER key once, and the TAB key if the next para start with space. (If the next para does not start with space do not press the TAB key.
13. Never use the ENTER key after each line.
14. Only one space is given after every comma, semicolon, full stop, question mark or exclamation sign. Give one space at the start of a bracket and one space after it. No space is given before or after the hyphen.
2. IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR the Data Entry Speed Test (DEST)
1. The Data Entry Speed Test (DEST) will be of qualifying nature, means marks scored in it are not added in the merit for selection.
2. The test passage for the DEST it will be in English only.
3. Candidates should type their particulars (Roll No. etc.) in the space provided on the screen, verify his personal details on the next screen and press the button ‘CONFIRM’.
4. After completing typing of the passage once, candidates are advised not to re-type the passage. If spare time is available candidates may utilize the time for checking the typed matter and making corrections.
5. Immediately after the DEST is over, the candidate will have to write in his own handwriting one paragraph of about 50-60 words from the typewriting passage given to him on a separate sheet and will have to put his name, Roll No. and signature at the end.
6. Candidate must return the Question Paper along with their scripts to the Invigilator. They should not take either the Question Paper or script or any blank typing paper out of the Examination Hall.
7. A candidate who claims to be permanently unfit to take the DEST because of a physical disability may with the prior approval of the SSC be exempted from the requirement of appearing and qualifying at such test provided such a candidate submits a Certificate in the prescribed format to the Commission from the competent Medical Authority i.e., the Civil Surgeon declaring him to be permanently unfit for the DEST because of a physical disability.
8. A candidate who submits a Medical Certificate from the Medical Board attached to RC for PH persons or from the Medical Board attached to Special Employment Exchange for PH persons his claim for exemption from DEST would be accepted. However, a candidate who submits Medical Certificate from Civil/Orthopedic Surgeon, his case would be referred to a Medical Board in a Government Hospital or Medical Board attached to VRC/Special Employment Exchange for PH persons for clearance.
9. In case a PH candidate obtains exemption from the Skill Test as above, he will be considered for the post of Tax Assistant in CBDT only. For the post of Tax Assistant in CBEC, skill test is compulsory.
10. When the printout of the passage typed by him is given to him he must write his roll no. and name on each page, sign and handover to the invigilator.
11. Documents verification is mandatory for all candidates. Candidates who are not interested to take DEST are also directed to report the mentioned venue at their schedule date and time for documents verification otherwise his candidature would not be considered for any of the non-interview posts.
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR CPT
1. In the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam the Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) has three parts namely
a) Data Entry Speed Test (DEST)
2. The CPT will be of qualifying nature, means marks scored in it are not added in the merit for selection.
3. Rules for DEST are the same as are given above:
4. After DEST is over, candidate will be given the exercise sheet of Excel (spreadsheet) which has to be completed in 15 minutes. The invigilator will announce the start and stop time of the test. The candidate has to prepare spreadsheet as per the exercise given and then has to save it with file name with his roll number followed by CGL14. For example, if the roll number is 1000100100, the file should be saved with name 1000100100CGL14. Printout of the saved files should be taken thereafter and signed by the candidate on each page with Roll number and Name clearly written on each page.
5. After the test on Excel is over, candidate will be given the exercise sheet of (PowerPoint) which has to be completed in 15 minutes. The procedure to be followed is the same as is given above for Excel.
6. The test on Excel and PowerPoint will be administered for duration of 15 minutes each using MS Office 2007. The tests on spread sheet will inter-alia test the ability of the candidates to generate a spread sheet, perform simple computations and effect changes in the spread sheet, besides testing their familiarity with use of spread sheets including generation of charts, graphs etc. The test on Power Point will test the candidates’ familiarity in the software, their ability to generate slides, effect transition/changes in the slides etc.
7. Documents verification has not to be done again for candidates who have already appeared in Interview and documents verification has already been done.
8. Candidates should type their particular (Roll No.,etc.) in the space provided on the screen, verify their personal details on the next screen and press the button “CONFIRM”.
9. After completing typing of the running passage given for DEST once, candidates should not re-type the passage. If spare time is available candidates should utilize the time for checking the typescript and making corrections.
can they ask for making chart in excel sheet for CPT exam?
is this necessary to carry original document at the time of cpt because my document verification is already completed at the time of interview?
thank you sir
Yes generation of a chart can be there in the Excel test. See here what can generally be there in the Excel
In the CPT you don’t have to take the certificates; neither originals nor their photocopies. Just carry the acknowledgement you got at the time of interview.
I downloaded my CPT admit card last month which show timing of reporting 11.30 AM. By chance Today I again downloaded my CPT admit card which show reporting timing 3:30 PM.
Did SSC change something as they did at the time of interview (Venue were changed but they gave notice regarding this)? But this time they didn’t give any notice for change in CPT admit card.
Cannot say about any changes. You should go according to the last admit card.
Can you please help us with some sample questions on excel and powerpoint which come in CPT Exam?
I have only this as of now