LATEST COVID-19 INSTRUCTIONS REGARDING ATTENDANCE OF CENTRAL GOVT EMPLOYEES (ISSUED ON 07.10.20)
Issue regarding regulating attendance of Central Government employees in offices with staggered timings on 07.10.20 has been reviewed and it has been decided as under:
1. The Government servants at the level of Under Secretary and above to attend offices on all working.
2. As regards Government servants below the level of Under Secretary, at least 50% of attendance is to be ensured. The Heads of Department may mandate attendance of more than 50%, if required in public interest, while strictly ensuring that social distancing is maintained under all circumstances.
3. The officers/staff shall follow staggered timings to avoid over-crowding in offices/work places as indicated:
- 9.00 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.
- 10.00 a.m. to 6.30 p.m.
4. All officers/staff residing in the containment zone shall be exempted from coming to offices till the containment zone is denotified.
5. Those officers/staff who are not attending office shall work from home and they should be available on telephone and electronic means of communication at all times.
6. Persons with Disabilities and Pregnant women employees shall continue to work from home till further orders.
7. Heads of Departments shall ensure that the National Directives for the Covid-19 management, which include instructions issued for regular sanitization/cleaning of working places, maintenance of social distancing norms, wearing of masks etc. are strictly complied with. It may also be strictly ensured that there is no crowding in the corridors.
8. Meetings, as far as possible, shall be conducted on video-conferencing and personal meetings with visitors, unless absolutely necessary in public interest, are to be avoided.
9. The above instructions shall be in force with immediate effect until further orders. Biometric attendance shall continue to be suspended and physical attendance registers shall be maintained until further orders. The Heads of the Department may kindly ensure strict implementation of these instructions.
CLICK HERE TO SEE/DOWNLOAD