CGL & CPO MATHS SOLVED PRACTICE SET 15
CGL & CPO MATHS SOLVED PRACTICE SET 15
These Practice Sets for Maths are specially designed keeping in view of the pattern that we see in the various competitive exams, especially the Combined Graduate Level Examination (CGLE), SI Delhi Police and CPO Exam, and Grade-II DAAS (except Geometry and Trigonometry) of the Staff selection Commission (SSC) and the DSSSB. I hope they’ll help you immensely.
QUESTIONS: 20 MAXIMUM TIME: 20 minutes
1. The number 2564 x 6425 is square of a natural number n. Find the sum of the digits of the number n.
2. An electronic device makes a beep after every 60 sec. Another device makes a beep after every 62 sec. They beeped together at 10 am. The time when they will next make a beep together at the earliest, is?
A) 10:28 am
B) 10:30 am
C) 10:31 am
D) 10:15 am
3. 325 + 326 + 327 + 328 is divisible by?
4. If (x + 1/x)2 = 3; then value of x206 + x200 + x90 + x84 + x12 + x6 +1 is?
5. In 2 type of brass, ratio of copper and zinc are 8 : 3 and 15 : 7. The ratio in which these two type of brass should be mixed so that the ratio of copper and zinc in this new type of brass becomes 5 : 2 is?
A) 5 : 2
B) 1 : 2
C) 4 : 3
D) 7 : 4
6. The average of marks scored by 35 students is 72. If the marks secured by 1 student were written as 36 instead of 86, find the current average.
7. A, B and C jointly thought of engaging themselves in a business venture. It was agreed that A would invest Rs 6500 for 6 months, B Rs 8400 for 5 months and C Rs 10,000 for 3 months. A wants to be the working member for which, he was to receive 5% of the profits. The profit earned was Rs. 7400. Calculate the share of B in the profit.
A) Rs. 1900
B) Rs. 2660
C) Rs. 2800
D) Rs. 2840
8. A man spends 75% of his income. If his income is increased by 20% and he increases his expenditure by 10%, his savings are increased by?
9. A fruit-seller buys x guavas for Rs y and sells y guavas for Rs x. If x > y, then find his profit or loss?
A) (x² – y²)/xy % loss
B) (x² – y²)/xy % gain
C) (x² – y²)/y2 % loss
D) (x² – y²)/y2 % gain
10. A sum of Rs 10 is lent to be returned in 11 monthly installments of Re 1 each, interest being simple. The rate of interest is?
11. A tank is fitted with two taps. The first tap can fill the tank completely in 45 minutes and the second tap can empty the full tank in one hour. If both the taps are opened alternatively for one minute, then in how many hours the empty tank will be filled completely?
A) 2 hours 55 minutes
B) 3 hours 40 minutes
C) 4 hours 48 minutes
D) 5 hours 53 minutes
12. A man can row upstream 10 km/h and downstream 20 km/h. Find the man’s rate in still water and rate of the stream.
A) 0 km/h, 5 km/h
B) 5 km/h, 15 km/h
C) 15 km/h, 5 km/h
D) 10 km/h, 5 km/h
13. If the radii of the circular ends of a conical bucket are 28 cm and 7 cm, whose height is 45 cm. Find the capacity of the bucket.
A) 48510 cm³
B) 84510 cm³
C) 45005 cm³
D) 48000 cm³
14. Two circles C1 and C2 of radii 2 cm and 3 cm respectively touch each other as shown in the figure. If AD and BD are tangents then the length of BD is?
A) 15√10 cm
B) 1.5√10 cm
C) 10√10 cm
D) √10 cm
15. From the top of a mountain 90 m high, the angle of depression of top and bottom point of a tower are 30° & 60° respectively. Find the height of the tower?
A) 45 m
B) 60 m
C) 75 m
D) 30 m
QUESTIONS 16 to 20. The following pie-chart shows the contents of insects and rodents in an average Indian Household. Examine the chart and answer the questions.
16. If the percentage of spider is x% of the cockroach, then x is equal to?
17. The total percentage of spider, rat and cockroach is greater than the percentage of ant by?
18. If the percentage of rat is y% of the total percentage of ant and cockroach, then y is equal to?
19. The total percentage of common lizard, spider and cockroach is greater than the percentage of rat by?
20. If the difference of the percentage of rat and miscellaneous is z% of the percentage of cockroach, then z is equal to?
MATHS — PRACTICE SET 15 (IN PDF) — TEST WITH SOLUTIONCLICK HERE TO SEE/DOWNLOAD