MATHS SOLVED PRACTICE SET 16
MATHS SOLVED PRACTICE SET 16
These Practice Sets for Maths are specially designed keeping in view of the pattern that we see in the various competitive exams, especially the Combined Graduate Level Examination (CGLE), SI Delhi Police and CPO Exam, and Grade-II DAAS (except Geometry and Trigonometry) of the Staff selection Commission (SSC) and the DSSSB. I hope they’ll help you immensely.
QUESTIONS: 20 MAXIMUM TIME: 20 minutes
1. A bag contains coins of Re 1, Rs 2 and Rs 5 denomination in the ratio of 2 : 3 : 4. If the total amount is Rs 280, find the number of coins of Rs 5 denomination in the bag.
2. All the odd numbers up to 100 and 64 are multiplied together. The number of zeros at the end of product?
3. If x5 – 9x2 – 12x – 14 is divided by (x -3), what is the remainder?
4. If (x + 1/x)2 = 3; then the value of x206 + x200 + x90 + x84 + x18 + x12 + x6 +1 is
5. If x = √[(√5 + 1)⁄(√5 – 1)]; then 5x² – 5x – 1 = ?
6. The prize money of Rs 1800 is divided among three students A, B and C in such a way that 4 times the share of A is equal to 6 times the share of B, which is equal to 3 times the share of C. Find A’s share.
A) Rs 400
B) Rs 600
C) Rs 700
D) Rs 800
7. A, B and C enter into a partnership in the ratio 7⁄2 : 4⁄3 : 6⁄5. After 4 months, A increases his share by 50%. If the total profit at the end of one year be Rs 21,600, then B’s share in the profit is:
A) Rs 2100
B) Rs 2400
C) Rs 3600
D) Rs 4000
8. 1 liter of water is added to 5 liters of alcohol-water solution containing 40% alcohol strength. The strength of alcohol in the new solution will be?
9. By selling an umbrella for Rs. 30, a shopkeeper gains 20%. During a clearance sale, the shopkeeper allows a discount of 10% on the marked price. He gains during the sale season is?
10. A certain sum of money amounted Rs 825 at 7% in a time in which Rs 560 amounted to Rs 960 at 6%. If the rate of interest is simple, find the sum.
11. A completes 7/10 of work in 15 days, then he completes the remaining work with the help of B in 4 days. Find out the time required for A and B to complete the entire work together?
A) 20/3 days
B) 13 days
C) 40/3 days
D) 7 days
12. While going in a car, a person sees a milestone that has a 2 digit number written on it. After travelling 1 hour, he sees the same digits… but in reverse order. After travelling another 1 hour, he sees the same digit but with 0 between them. Find the speed of the car.
A) 55 km/h
B) 60 km/h
C) 45 km/h
D) 40 km/h
13. A man takes 3 hours 45 minutes to row a boat 15 km downstream of a river and 2 hours 30 minutes to cover a distance of 5 km upstream. Find the speed of the current.
A) 1 km/h
B) 2 km/h
C) 3 km/h
D) 4 km/h
14. The value of p for which the graph of 4x + py + 8 = 0 and 2x + 2y + 2 = 0 has unique solution?
B) except 4
C) except 3
D) except 2
15. Forty two cubes each of side 1 cm are glued together to form a cuboid. If the perimeter of the base of the cuboid is 18 cm then its height in cm?
16. To increase the level of a piece of land 100m*80m, soil is used from the mound with rectangular base 10m*8m. Side view of the mound is trapezium with height 2m. 8m*5m is top side dimension of the mound. Find the level increased of peace of land using this soil from the mound.
A) 0.0148 m
B) 2 m
C) 1 m
17. The radius of the circumcircle of a right angled triangle is 15 cm and the radius of its inscribed circle is 6 cm. Find the sides of the triangle?
A) 16 cm, 20 cm, 26 cm
B) 18 cm, 24 cm, 30 cm
C) 20 cm, 24 cm, 30 cm
D) 17 cm, 25 cm, 31 cm
18. In a circle of radius 5 cm, AB and AC are two equal chords of lengths 6 cm each. Find the length of BC.
A) 10 cm
B) 8 cm
C) 9.6 cm
D) 10.8 cm
19. If sec θ + tan θ = p, then (p² -1)⁄(p² + 1) is equal to
A) sin θ
B) cos θ
C) sec θ
D) tan θ
20. Two ships are sailing in the sea on the two sides of a lighthouse. The angle of elevation of the top of the lighthouse is observed from the ships are 30º and 45º respectively. If the lighthouse is 100 m high, the distance between the two ships is?
A) 173 m
B) 200 m
C) 273 m
D) 300 m
MATHS — PRACTICE SET 16 (IN PDF) — TEST WITH SOLUTIONCLICK HERE TO SEE/DOWNLOAD