MATHS — PRACTICE SET 22 — SOLVED
MATHS — PRACTICE SET 22 — SOLVED
These Practice Sets for Maths are specially designed keeping in view of the pattern that we see in the various competitive exams, especially the Combined Graduate Level Examination (CGLE), SI Delhi Police and CPO Exam, and Grade-II DAAS (except Geometry and Trigonometry) of the Staff selection Commission (SSC) and the DSSSB. I hope they’ll help you immensely.
QUESTIONS: 20 MAXIMUM TIME: 20 minutes
1. Find unit digit in 256251 + 36528 + 7354
2. Three numbers which are co-prime to each other are such that the product of the first two is 551 and that of the last two is 1073. The sum of the three numbers is?
3. Find remainder if (3232)32 is divided by 7
4. If a/x + y/b =1 and b/y + z/c = 1; then x/a + c/z = ?
5. 4 liters are drawn from a container full of milk and is then filled with water. This operation is performed three more times. The ratio of the quantity of milk left in the container and that of water is 16 : 65. How much milk did the container hold initially?
A) 24 liters
B) 12 liters
C) 15 liters
D) 25 liters
6. The ratio of father’s age to his son’s age is 7 : 4. The product of of their ages is 1008. The ratio of their ages 6 years hence will be?
A) 5 : 3
B) 8 : 5
C) 7 : 4
D) 5 : 8
7. A starts business with Rs 3500 and after 5 months B joins with A as his partner. After a year, the profit is divided in the ratio 2 : 3. What is B’s contribution in the capital?
A) Rs 7500
B) Rs 8000
C) Rs 8500
D) Rs 9000
8. If the commission of an agent is increased from 4% to 5% but his income does not change, how much his business is affected in %?
9. A dealer buys an article for Rs 380. At what price must the dealer mark it so that after allowing a discount of 5% he still makes a profit of 25 %?
10. The least number of complete years in which a sum of money put out at 20% compound interest will be more than double is?
A) 3 years
B) 4 years
C) 5 years
D) 6 years
11. A mobile phone is available for Rs 2500 cash or Rs 520 cash down payments followed by 4 monthly equal installments. If the rate of interest charged is 25% per annum simple interest, calculate the installment.
12. If 30 men working 7 hours per day can do a work in 18 days in how many days will 21 men working 8 hours a day do the same work?
A) 20.5 days
B) 22.5 days
C) 22.8 days
D) 5 days
13. Two persons A and B are at two places P and Q, respectively. A walks at x km/h and B is 2 km/h faster than A, starting simultaneously from where they stand. If they walk towards each other, they meet in 72 minutes. If they walk in the same direction, the faster overtakes the slower in 6 hrs. What are their respective speeds in km/h?
A) 4 km/h and 6 km/h
B) 3 km/h and 5 km/h
C) 5 km/h and 7 km/h
D) 6 km/h and 8 km/h
14. A cuboid piece of brass having a base 11 dm² and height as 0.2 dm is drawn into a cylindrical wire of 0.25 cm in diameter. Find the length of the wire.
A) 400 meter
B) 425 meter
C) 448 meter
D) 500 meter
The above diagram shows a pyramid with vertex V and a rectangular base ABCD. M is the midpoint of AB, N is the midpoint of BC and O is the point at the center of the base. AB = 10 ft, BC = 18 ft, VO = 12 ft, VM = 15 ft, VN = 13 ft. What is the total surface area of the pyramid?
A) 564 ft²
B) 584 ft²
C) 664 ft²
D) 720 ft²
16. In a right angle triangle ABC, AD is perpendicular to hypotenuse BC. If AC = 2AB, then the value of BD will be?
17. In ΔABC the side BC is extended up to D such that CD = AC. If ∠BAD = 109 and ∠ACB = 72, then the value of ∠ABC = ?
18. One chord of a circle is known to be 10.1 cm. The radius of this circle must be?
A) 5 cm
B) greater than 5 cm
C) greater than or equal to 5 cm
D) less than 5 cm
19. If a cosQ + b sinQ = c, then (a sinQ – b cosQ)² = ?
A) a² + b² – c²
B) a² + b² + c²
C) a² – b² – c²
D) -a² + b² + c²
20. When the sun’s altitude changes from 30° to 60°, the length of the shadow of a tower decreases by 70 m. What is the height of the tower?
A) 35 m
B) 140 m
C) 60.55 m
D) 20.2 m
MATHS — PRACTICE SET 22 (IN PDF) — TEST WITH SOLUTIONCLICK HERE TO SEE/DOWNLOAD