CGL/CPO MATHS SOLVED PRACTICE SET 9
CGL/CPO MATHS SOLVED PRACTICE SET 9
These Practice Sets for Maths are specially designed keeping in view of the pattern that we see in the various competitive exams, especially the Combined Graduate Level Examination (CGLE), SI Delhi Police and CPO Exam, and Grade-II DAAS (except Geometry and Trigonometry) of the Staff selection Commission (SSC) and the DSSSB. I hope they’ll help you immensely.
QUESTIONS: 20 MAXIMUM TIME: 20 minutes
1. If we write the numbers from 50 to 151 what is the difference between sum of all odd and even numbers?
2. The HCF of two numbers is 8 and the sum of numbers is 224. How many such pairs of numbers satisfy this condition?
3. 64329 is divided by a certain number. While dividing, the numbers 175, 114 and 213 appear as three successive remainders, the divisor is?
4. If x + y = 2z, then the value of x/(x – z) + z/(y – z)
5. One liquid contains 22.5% of water, another contains 27% water. A glass if filled with 5 parts of the first liquid and 7 parts of the second. How much per cent of it is water?
6. A batsman has certain average runs for his 11 innings. In his 12th innings he scores zero runs. Thereby his average decreases by 3 runs. Find his average after his 12th innings.
7. A bag contains coins of Re 1, Rs 2 and Rs 5 denomination in the ratio of 2 : 3 : 4. If the total amount is Rs 280, find the number of coins of Rs 5 denomination in the bag.
8. A and B invested Rs 20000 and Rs 30000 respectively and agreed to share profit in the ratio of their capitals. C entered into the partnership with the condition that profit would be divided between A, B and C in the ratio 3 : 4 : 3 for which he paid Rs 50000 as premium; in what ratio would the premium be divided among A and B?
A) 1 : 2
B) 1 : 3
C) 2 : 3
D) 2 : 1
9. In an examination 35% of the candidates failed in Maths and 25% in English while 15 % failed in both subjects. How many candidates passed in one subject but not in the other.
10. In what ratio must a grocer mix 2 varieties of tea worth Rs. 60 per kg and Rs. 65 per kg so that by selling the mixture at Rs. 68.20 per kg he may gain 10% ?
11. A sum of money becomes 4 times in 6 years, in how much time it will become 8 times?
A) 8 years
B) 9 years
C) 10 years
D) 10 years
12. 8 men and 4 women together can complete a piece of work in 6 days. Work done by a man in one day is double the work done by a woman in one day. If 8 men and 4 women started working and after 2 days, 4 men left and 4 new women joined, in how many more days will the work completed?
A) 5 days
B) 6 days
C) 7 days
D) 8 days
13. Two goods train each 500 m long, are running in opposite directions on parallel tracks. Their speeds are 45 km/hr and 30 km/hr respectively. Find the time taken by the slower train to pass the driver of the faster one?
A) 12 seconds
B) 20 seconds
C) 22 seconds
D) 24 seconds
14. If x² + y² – 2x + 6y + 10 = 0 then the value of x² + y² is ?
15. A man travel 360 km in 4 hrs partly by air and partly by train. If he had travelled all the way by air, he would have saved 4/5 of the time he was in train and would have arrived at his destination 2 hrs early. Find the distance he travelled by air and train.
A) 270 km and 90 km
B) 280 km and 100 km
C) 280 km and 80 km
D) 270 km and 80 km
16. The volume (in cubic meters) of rain water that can be collected from 1.5 hectares of ground in a rainfall of 5 cm is
17. 66 cm³ of silver is drawn into a wire 1 mm in diameter. The length of the wire in meters will be?
18. ABC is a triangle and its medians CD and BE intersect each other at M; then find the ratio of area of ∠MDE to the area of ∠ABC
19. Two circle of 15 cm and 20 cm intersect. Distance between the two centers is 25 cm. The length of common chord is ?
20. If sec@ + tan@ = 2+√5; then sin@ + cos@ = ?