SSC CGL MATHS — PRACTICE SET 6 — SOLVED
SSC CGL MATHS — PRACTICE SET 6 — SOLVED
These Practice Sets for Maths are specially designed keeping in view of the pattern that we see in the various competitive exams, especially the Combined Graduate Level Examination (CGLE), SI Delhi Police and CPO Exam, and Grade-II DAAS (except Geometry and Trigonometry) of the Staff selection Commission (SSC) and the DSSSB. I hope they’ll help you immensely.
QUESTIONS: 20 MAXIMUM TIME: 20 minutes
1. If a natural number multiplied by 18 and another by 21 and the products thus got are added. Which one of the following could be the sum?
2. The first 100 multiples of 10 are multiplied together. How many zeros will be there at the end of the product?
3. What is the remainder when [7(4n + 3)]*6n is divided by 10; where ‘n’ is a positive integer.
4. If a : b : c = 2 : 3 : 4 and 2a – 3b + 4c = 33, then value of c is
5. Two casks of 48 and 42 ltrs are filed with mixture of wine and water; the proportions in the two casks being respectively 13 : 7 and 18 : 17. If the contents of the two casks be mixed and 20 ltrs of water added to the whole, what will be the proportion of wine to water in the result?
A) 13 : 12
B) 12 : 13
C) 21 : 31
D) 31 : 21
6. The total expenses of a boarding house are partly fixed and partly varying linearly with the number of boarders. The average expense per boarder is Rs 700 when there are 25 boarders and Rs 600 when there are 50 boarders. What is the average expense per boarder when there are 100 boarders?
7. Brothers A ans B had some savings in the ratio 4:5. They decided to buy a gift for their sister sharing the cost in the ratio 3:4. After they have bought the gift, A spent 2/3 of his amount while B is left with Rs 145. Then the value of the gift is?
8. Suresh Kumar went to the market with Rs 100. If he buys three pens and six pencils he uses up all his money. On the other hand if he buys three pencils and six pens he would fall short by 20%. If he wants to buy equal number of pens and pencils, how many pencils can he buy?
9. A man usually buys goods from market A. In market B, he can get the same goods 10% cheaper. If he spends extra amount of Rs 55 on transportation and still saves Rs 145 by buying in market B. What does he pay for the goods?
10. A certain sum of money at simple interest amounts to 1012 in 2.5 years and 1067.2 in 4 years. The rate of interest per annum is?
11. An amount of money at compound interest grows up to Rs 3840 in 4 years and up to Rs 3936 in 5 years. Find the rate of interest.
12. A and B can fill a cistern in 75/2 min and 45 min respectively. Both the pipes are opened together. The cistern will be filled just in half an hour if the pipe B is turned off after?
A) 9 minutes
B) 5 minutes
C) 10 minutes
D) 15 minutes
13. A man covered a certain distance at some speed. Had he moved 3 Km per hour faster, he would have taken 40 minutes less. If he had moved 2 Km per hour slower, he would have taken 40 minutes more. The distance in Km is?
14. Two trains, one from station A to Station B, and the other from B to A start simultaneously. After meeting, the trains reach their destination after 5/3 hours and 27/5 hours respectively. If speed of the first train is 63 km/h, then find the speed of the second train.
15. The diameter of a roller 120 cm long is 84 cm. If it takes 500 complete revolutions to level a playground, the cost of leveling it at the rate of Rs 5 per m² is?
16. In ΔABC, P & Q are mid points of sides AB & AC respectively. R is a point on the segment PQ such that PR : QR = 1 : 2; if PR = 2 cm then BC = ?
A) 12 cm
B) 6 cm
C) 10 cm
D) 8 cm
17. A, B, C are 3 points on the circumference of a circle. Chord AB forms 90° at the centre and chord AC forms 110°. Find the ∠BAC.
18. a sinQ + b cosQ = c; find a cosQ – b sinQ
A) √(a² + b² – c²)
B) √(a² – b² – c²)
C) (a² + b² + c²)
D) (a² + b² – c²)
19. Given 15 cot A = 8, find sin A and sec A
A) 14/17, 13/8
B) 15/17, 17/8
C) 17/8, 15/17
D) 17/8, 14/17
20. sin² 1 + sin² 89 = ?