SSC CGL MATHS SOLVED PRACTICE SET 8
SSC CGL MATHS SOLVED PRACTICE SET 8
These Practice Sets for Maths are specially designed keeping in view of the pattern that we see in the various competitive exams, especially the Combined Graduate Level Examination (CGLE), SI Delhi Police and CPO Exam, and Grade-II DAAS (except Geometry and Trigonometry) of the Staff selection Commission (SSC) and the DSSSB. I hope they’ll help you immensely.
QUESTIONS: 20 MAXIMUM TIME: 20 minutes
1. In a bag for every 2 notes of Rs 100 there are 5 notes of Rs 50, for every 3 notes of Rs 50 there are 4 notes of Rs 10. If the value of Rs 50 notes is Rs 2250, find the total value of money in the bag?
2. Find the number of digits in 244 × 512
3. Numbers 11284 and 7655, when divided by a certain number of three digits, leave the same remainder. Find that number of 3 digits and their sum.
A) 191 & 11
B) 911 & 11
C) 181 & 10
D) 811 & 10
4. x² + y² + 1/x² + 1/y² = 4 then the value of x² + y² is?
5. If x² + y² + z² + 2= 2(y – x), then what is the value of x³ + y³ + z³ = ?
6. A container contains 60 kg of milk. From this container 6 kg of milk was taken out and replaced by water. This process was repeated further two times. The amount of milk left in the container is?
A) 42 kg
B) 58 kg
C) 43.74 kg
D) 42. 74 kg
7. The average age of family of 10 members is 20 years. If the age of the youngest member of the family is 10 years, then the average age of the members of the family just before the birth of the youngest member was approximately?
8. A and B have together three times what B and C have, while A, B, C together have thirty rupees more than that of A. If B has 5 times that of C, then A has?
9. In a class 60% of students pass in Hindi and 45% students pass in Sanskrit. If 25% of them pass both subjects, what percentage of the students fail in both the subjects ?
10. A dealer sells a table for Rs 400, making a profit of 25%. He sells another table at a loss of 10%, and on the whole he makes neither profit nor loss. What did the second table cost him?
11. A 10 years old boy got Rs 50,000 from his father, which he deposited in a trust. The trust invested this money at 4% annual interest. This trust gives Rs 1,200 per year to the boy and the expenses of trust is Rs 300 per year. How much money will this boy get when he turns 18 years old?
12. A cylindrical overhead tank is filled by two pumps P1 and P2. P1 can fill the tank in 8 hr while P2 can fill the tank in 12 hr. There is another pipe P3 which can empty the tank in 8 hr. Both the pumps are opened simultaneously. The supervisor of the tank, before going out on a work, sets a timer to open P3 when the tank is half filled so that the tank is exactly filled up by the time he is back. Due to technical fault P3 opens when the tank is one-third filled. If the supervisor comes back as per the plan what percent of the tank is still empty?
13. A man who is seen 100 meters in the fog is walking @2m/s and a motorcycle crosses him in the same direction of the man it sees in 30s. what is the speed of the motorcycle?
A) 16 m/s
B) 16/3 m/s
C) 5 m/s
D) 6 m/s
14. The length of the part of the graph of the equation 4x + 3y – 12 = 0 intercepted by two co-ordinate axes is?
A) 7 units
B) 5 units
C) 6 units
D) 2.5 units
15. Anil makes a Plasticine cuboid whose sides are 5 cm, 2 cm and 5 cm. How many such cuboids will be needed to make a cube?
16. Three spherical balls of radii 1 cm, 2 cm, 3 cm are melted to form a single spherical ball. In this process loss of material is 25%. The radius of new ball is?
A) 6 cm
B) 5 cm
C) 3 cm
D) 2 cm
17. If O is the circumcentre of ΔABC and ΔOBC= 35°; then ∠BAC = ?
18. If the center of a circle passing through points A, B, C makes ∠BAO = 30° and ∠BCO = 40°; find ∠AOC.
19. A 12 cm long vertical stick is casting 8 cm long shadow on the ground. At the same time a tower is casting 40 cm long shadow on the ground. Find the height of the tower.
A) 50 cm
B) 40 cm
C) 80 cm
D) 60 cm
20. If Sin A = 3Sin (A+2B), then find the value of tan (A+B) + 2tan B