PET (PHYSICAL TEST) & MEDICAL TEST in SSC SI Delhi Police & CPO Exam
PHYSICAL STANDARDS, PET & MEDICAL EXAMINATION in SSC SI Delhi Police & CPO Exam
1. PHYSICAL STANDARD (for all posts)
Weight: Corresponding to height (for all posts)
2. PET (for all posts)
1. 100 meters race: 16 seconds
2. 1.6 Kms race: 6.5 minutes
3. Long Jump: 3.65 metres in 3 chances
4. High Jump: 1.2 metres in 3 chances
5. Shot put (16 Lbs): 4.5 metres in 3 chances
1. 100 metres race: 18 seconds
2. 800 metres race: 4 minutes
3. Long Jump: 2.7 metres (9 feet) in 3 chances.
4. High Jump: 0.9 metres (3 feet) in 3 chances
1. There shall be no minimum requirement of chest measurement for female candidates.
2. PET is mandatory for all posts.
3. Relaxation in height and chest (as the case may be) as mentioned above will be permissible only on production of certificate in the proforma as prescribed in the following link from the competent authorities of the District where they ordinarily reside.
4. The relaxation in physical standards(height/chest) once granted at the time of initial appointment in Delhi Police will hold good till the individual concerned remains in Delhi Police.
5. Those candidates who are declared not qualified in Physical Standards, i.e. height and chest, may prefer an appeal, if they so desire, to the appellate authority present on the PET/PST ground. The decision of the appellate authority will be final and no further appeal or representation in this regard will be entertained.
6. Ex-Servicemen applying for the posts are not required to undergo PET. However, all Ex-Servicemen are required to pass the written tests and fulfill the physical standards prescribed herein. They should also pass the medical standards prescribed for direct recruits.
7. PET/PST Will NOT CARRY ANY MARKS BUT WILL BE OF QUALIFYING/ELIMINATION NATURE.
3. Medical standards (For all posts)
Medical Examination: All the candidates who qualify in Paper-II will be medically examined by the Medical Officer of the CAPFs or any other Medical Officer or Assistant Surgeon belonging to Grade-I of any Central/ State Govt Hospital or Dispensary. Candidates, who are found to be unfit, will be informed of the position and they can make an appeal before Review Medical Board within the prescribed time limit of 15 days.
Decision of Re-Medical Board/ Review Medical Board will be final and no appeal/ representation against the decision of the Re-Medical Board/ Review Medical Board will be entertained.
1. Eye sight: The minimum near vision should be N6 (better eye) and N9 (worse eye). The minimum distant vision should be 6/6 (better eye) and 6/9 (worse eye) of both eyes without any correction like wearing glasses or surgery of any kind to improve visual acuity. In right handed person, the right eye is better eye and vice versa.
2. The candidate must not have knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein or squint in eyes and they should possess high colour vision i.e. they should not be colour-blind.
3. They must be in good mental and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of the duties.
NOTE: Finally selected candidates for the posts of Sub-Inspector would, as part of training curriculum, have to pass seven obstacle events as mentioned below, failing which they may not be retained in the Force:
1. Jumping over the Vertical Board
2. Holding the rope on jumping from the Board
3. Tarzan Swing
4. Jumping on the Horizontal Board
5. Parallel Rope
6. Monkey Crawl
7. Vertical Rope
It is noticed that during medical examination, the candidates having ‘tattoos’ in various parts of their body are appearing for medical examination. In this regard, Ministry of Home Affairs vide its letters No.I-45020/7/2012/Pers-II dated 12.01.2017 and 30-01-2017 issued the following guidelines regarding candidates having tattoos applying for SI in Delhi Police and CAPFs examination:
1. Content: Being a secular country, the religious sentiments of our countrymen are to be respected and thus, tattoo depicting religious symbol or figures and the name, as followed in Indian Army are permitted.
2. Location: Tattoos marked on traditional sites of the body like inner aspect of forearm but only left forearm, being non saluting limb or dorsum of the hands are to be allowed.
3. Size: Size must be less than ¼ of the particular part (Elbow or Hand) of the body.
NOTE: For Sub-Inspector in Delhi Police, above clauses on tattoo are not applicable.