Railway Recruitment 2016 Last Date: 25.01.2016
Railway Recruitment 2016
ADVT NO. 03/2015
- Candidates can submit ONLINE application to any one Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) only. Applications should be submitted only to the concerned Railway Recruitment Board (RRB).
- Only single application (i.e. common for all notified categories) is required to be submitted ONLINE by the candidate.
- The candidate is required to exercise option for the post(s) as per his/her eligibility.
- The candidate is also required to exercise five preferences of cities for allotment of online exam centre.
- No physical copy of application/document is required to be sent to RRBs.
- Candidates submitting more than one application with different particulars like Name/Father’s Name/ Community/photo (face)/ educational and/ or Technical qualification will be summarily rejected & also be debarred from RRB examinations.
- A candidate will also be debarred from examinations of all RRBs for a specified period/or lifetime if (i) the candidate submits applications for a particular post to more than one RRB, (ii) the candidate submits multiple applications for the same post and category, (iii) the candidate submits multiple applications with different community for the same post & category, (iv) the candidate submits multiple applications with different photo (face) and different name for same post & category and (v) the candidate submits multiple applications with different documents for
the same post & category.
- Serving Defence Personnel likely to be released within one year of the closing date (i.e. 25.01.2016) can also apply, both for vacancies earmarked for Ex-Servicemen and for posts not reserved for Ex-Servicemen.
25.01.16 (upto 11.59 night)
DATE OF EXAM
During March to May, 2016
Total No of Posts
Name of the Post
- COMMERCIAL APPRENTICE
- TRAFFIC APPRENTICE
- ENQUIRY-CUM-RESERVATION CLERK
- GOODS GUARD
- SENIOR CLERK-CUM-TYPIST
- JUNIOR ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT-CUM-TYPIST
- ASSISTANT STATION MASTER
- TRAFFIC ASSISTANT
- SENIOR TIME KEEPER
VACANCY DETAILRAILWAY RECRUITMENT 2016 VACANCY DETAIL
Between 18-32 years as on 01-01-2016.
For post codes: 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8
For post codes: 5, 6, 9
GRADUATION (Typing proficiency in English or Hindi n computer is essential)
NOTES: 1. Candidates should have requisite Educational qualifications from recognized Board/University /Institute, including degrees obtained through non formal/distance
2. provided he/she has completed 12 years of schooling through an Examination conducted by a Board/University
has passed an entrance test conducted by the University
3. AND is not below 18 years of age on 1st July of the year of admission to the course
4. AND the degree so obtained is of 3 years duration as on the date of submission of the ONLINE application for this Centralized Employment Notice.
5. Those awaiting results of the final examination need NOT apply.
Common CBT (Computer Based Test)
For all the notified 09 categories of posts
(After the CBD there will be document verification.)
Skill (Typing) Test
For post codes 5, 6, 9
(Typing Skill Test will be conducted after common single stage CBT and will be of qualifying nature.)
For post codes 7, 8
NOTES: 1. The date, time and venue of the CBT/online examination, aptitude test and skill test will be fixed by the RRB and will be intimated to the eligible candidates in due course.
2. There will be a common CBT (examination) for all the notified categories of individual RRBs.
3. For posts of Cat. No. 1, 2, 3 & 4 (CA,TA, ECRC & Goods Guard) merit will be drawn on marks obtained in CBT.
4. For the posts of Cat No: 5, 6 & 9 (Sr.Cierk Cum Typist, JAA, Sr Time Keeper) Typing Skill Test of qualifying nature (marks obtained intyping skill test shall not be added for making merit) shall be conducted for which the number of candidates equal to eight times the number of vacancies shall be called for. The candidates should be able to type 30 WPM in English or 25 WPM in Hindi on Personal Computer only with disabling editing tools and spell check facility. For guidelines of those who appear for skill test in Hindi, Kruti Dev and Mangal font shall be made available for skill test on Personal Computer. The merit will be drawn only for the candidates qualified in the typing skill test based on performance in CBT.
5. For the posts of Cat. No. 7 & 8 (ASM, Traffic Assistant) Aptitude Test shall be conducted for which candidates equal to eight times the number of vacancies shall be called for. The merit will be drawn only for the candidates qualifying in the aptitude test, with 70% weightage being given to the marks obtained in the CBT and 30% weightage being given to the marks obtained in aptitude test. Short listed candidates will be called for verification of original documents.
6. In addition to the no. of vacancies, 50% extra candidates shall also be called for all the categories unless otherwise specified as standby candidates merely to avoid shortfall in empanelment.
7. Exemption in Typing Skill Test may be extended to PWD candidates having disability of more than 40%. Such candidates are required to bring typing skill test exemption certificate to the Type Test centre issued by competent medical board as per
8. Candidates called for Aptitude Test for the post of ASM & Traffic Assistant are required to bring Vision Certificate to Aptitude Test centre from an Eye Specialist on prescribed proforma as per Annexure-IX, falling which they will not be allowed to appear in the Aptitude Teat.
9. The Question papers shall be of Objective Multiple Choice Type. The question paper will be in English, Hindi, Urdu and local languages as indicated in Para 16.
10. The standard of questions for the single stage CBT (Computer Based Test) will be generally in conformity with the educational standards prescribed for the posts.
11. The questions will be of objective type with multiple choices and are likely to include questions pertaining to General awareness, Arithmetic, General Intelligence and Reasoning.
12. The Question paper for single stage CBT will be of 90 minutes duration for 100 questions. For Aptitude Test, candidates are advised to visit websites of RDSO www.rdso.indianrailways.gov.in
–>Directorates-> Psycho Technical Directorate –>candidates Comer for question patterns & other details.
13. There shall be negative marking In CBT (Computer Basad Test)/Examination and marks shall be deducted for each wrong answer @ 1/3 of the marks allotted for each question.
14. Appointment of selected candidates is subject to their passing requisite Medical Fitness Test to be conducted by the Railway Administration, final verification of educational and community certificates and verification of antecedents/character of the candidates.
(No examination fee for candidates belonging to SC/ST/Ex-Servicemen/Women/Minorities/Transgenders’Persons with Disabilities and Economically backward classes having annual family income less than Rs 50,000)
NOTES: – 1. Minorities mean Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains and Zoroastrians (Parsis) (further revision if any received till the closing date of this Centralized Employment Notice). Minority candidates claiming waiver of examination fee will be required to furnish’minority community declaration’ affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper at the time of document verification to the effect that they belong to any of the above minority communities. If the affidavit is not produced at the time of document verification, the candidature will be rejected.
2. Economically Backward Classes candidates means those whose annual family income is less than Rs 50,000. They have to submit income certificate at the time of document verification in the prescribed format as given in Annexure-IV from the competent issuing authority.
3. The fee should be paid ONLINE using internet banking or debit cards (service charges applicable for banks will be borne by the candidates) or can be paid through challan in any branch of SBI or computerized Post Office Pay-In-Slip (Applicable service charges, if any to be borne by the candidate). If the fee is paid through a challan in SBI branch or Pay-In-Slip in Post Office, the receipt of the same should be preserved. The same can be called for verification at the time of Document Verification.
4. For candidates who opt to pay examination fee through “SBI challan” or “Computerized Post Office Pay n.Siip (Service Charges apply)” mode, should note that these modes will be deactivated at the end of working hours of 22.01.2016.
How to Apply
- Candidates are required to apply through ONLINE mode to ANY ONE RRB ONLY, on the website of concerned Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) as indicated in Para 16. Detailed instructions for filling up ONLINE applications are available on the website of RRB(s).
- Application to more than one RRB will lead to rejection of all the applications.
- Candidates are advised to Indicate their personal mobile number and personal valid e-mail IDs in the ONLINE application and keep them active during the entire recruitment process for communicating them. Candidates are further advised to visit website(s) of RRBs frequently to get the latest information or any changes about this notification. The communication with the candidates will be made through SMS & a-mall only.
ENCLOSURES TO BE UPLOADED ALONG WITH APPLICATION FORM
- SC/ST candidates who want to avail the facility of free travel authority (Second Class Railway Pass) for CBT (examination)/aptitude test/typing skill test/Document Verification should upload their caste certificate (as per Annexure -1) issued by the competent authority. At the time of obtaining reservation and traveling, the Reservation Clerk and/or Ticket Checking Staff will ask for the original SC/ST certificate for verification of genuineness of the candidate.
- Candidates need NOT send any application printouts or Certificates or copies to RRB concerned by post.
DETAILED ADVERTISEMENT OF THE EXAMRAILWAY RECRUITMENT 2016 NOTICE