Sentence Rearrangement Solved Practice Set 13
Practice Set 13: Sentence Rearrangement (Solved)
1. Once upon a time there lived a lion in a forest.
P. However, all the three had a selfish motive behind this so-called friendship with him.
Q. To meet their selfish ends, they started obeying and were always at the service of the lion.
R. They knew that the lion was the king of the forest and friendship with such a fierce creature would always help them.
S. A jackal, a crow and a wolf had developed friendship with him.
A) PQSR B) SQPR C) SPRQ D) PQRS
1. Facebook said on Monday
P. It was publishing its privacy principles
Q. To help users control who has access to their information
R. For the first time and rolling out educational videos
S. As it prepares for the start of a tough new EU data protection law
A) QSRP B) PQSR C) PRQS D) RSQP
1. Do you ever feel there’s a greater
P. When you act accordingly with that voice
Q. Being inside of you bursting to get out
R. It’s the voice that encourages you to really make something of your life
S. It’s like you’re a whole new person, you’re bold and courageous
A) PRQS B) QRPS C) RSQP D) PQSR
1. US President Donald Trump
P. On social media with rambunctious postings
Q. Who has garnered a large following
R. Said he sometimes tweets from bed
S. Though he occasionally allows others to post his words
A) PRQS B) QSRP C) RSQP D) QPRS
1. There was a girl who sang
P. Beautifully at the temple every morning
Q. Daughter and taught her to sing before she spoke her first word
R. The music master used to happily recall,” One day I went into the woods to pluck flowers, I found this baby under a Pipal tree”
S. He picked her up carefully, raised her lovingly as if she were his
A) PRQS B) QSRP C) SQRP D) PRSQ
1. Militants on Monday
P. Over the past nine days that is putting a new
Q. Raided a military academy in Kabul, the Afghan capital
R. Killing 11 soldiers, the fourth major attack in a spate of violence
S. More aggressive US strategy under the spotlight
A) QRPS B) QSPR C) PQRS D) QSPR
1. Once an old lady lost her eyesight
P. And became blind. She called a doctor and agreed to pay him a very big amount if he cured her.
Q. Day after day he started stealing the lady’s furniture and other valuable things from the house
R. But she had a condition that she would not give a single penny, if she were cured.
S. The doctor came to her house daily for treatment.
A) PQRS B) RSQP C) PRSQ D) RPQS
1. Once upon a time there was an old man
P. He lived alone as his only son had gone far away to study.
Q. He never grumbled or complained about anything.
R. Called Yugiyama, in a small village in Japan
S. He had a very positive view of everything that happened around him.
A) SQPR B) RPSQ C) QSRP D) QPRS
1. A majority of Indians prefer to use the Internet
P. Than shopping online, shows a new survey
Q. Almost 57 percent of Indian respondents using the Internet prefer to bank online and use other financial services
R. Due to hassle-free access and time saving feature of online banking, according to survey
S. For accessing banking and other financial services
A) QSRP B) SPQR C) QRDP D) SRPQ
1. Once a rich merchant presented a beautiful cat to the Emperor of China
P. Everywhere people kept asking the emperor, what was the cat named
Q. Eventually, the emperor became fond of the animal
R. And took it with him wherever he went
S. And everyone was surprised, when told that it had no name
A) QRPS B) SQPR C) PSQR D) QRSP
1. The time has come for us to consider seriously the question of a Bharat brand of English.
P. I am not suggesting here a mineralisation of the language.
Q. English must adopt the complexion of our life and assimilate its Idiom.
R. Now the time is right for it to come to dusty street, market place and under the banyan tree.
S. So far English has had a comparatively confined existence in our country, chiefly in the halls of learning, justice or administration.
6. Bharat English will respect the rule of law and maintain the dignity of grammar, but still have a swadeshi stamp about it.
A) QPSR B) RQSP C) SRPQ D) SRQP
1. Before we left Bareilly jail, a little incident took place which moved me then and is still fresh in my memory.
P. He told me the packet contained old German illustrated magazines.
Q. The Superintendent of Police of Bareilly, an Englishman, was present there, and as I got into the car, he handed to me, rather shyly, a packet.
R. I had never met him before, nor have I seen him since and I do not even know his name.
S. He said that he had heard that I was learning German and so, he had bought these magazines for me.
6. This spontaneous act of courtesy and the kindly thought that prompted; it touched me and I felt very grateful to him.
A) RQPS B) QPSR C) QPRS D) RQSP
1. Even the smallest insect of the living world is made up of a large number of cells.
P. Furthermore, the cells in these small creatures widely differ in their structure and function.
Q. An ant, or a gnat, for example is composed of hundreds of thousands of cells.
R. Even a mite has cells making up its skeletal structure.
S. It also has cells dedicated to digestive and reproductive functions.
6. The cell system of small organisms is microscopic but marvelous, isn’t it?
A) SRQP B) QRSP C) SQPR D) QPRS
1. When a light passenger plane flew off course some time ago, it crashed in the mountains and its pilot was killed.
P. Snow lay thick on the ground.
Q. It was the middle of winter.
R. The woman knew that nearest village was miles away.
S. The only passengers, a young woman and her two baby daughters, were unhurt.
6. When it grew dark, she turned a suitcase into a bed and put the children inside it, covering them with all the clothes she could find.
A) PQRS B) QPRS C) SQPR D) RSPQ
1. Is there anything better than homemade bread?
P. After it’s out of the oven, the dark, golden crust makes the first crunchy slice a treat to bite into.
Q. When it’s almost baked, the warm, nutty smell fills the house and brings everyone into the kitchen.
R. The middle section dripping with lots of butter and fresh strawberry jam.
S. The third, but most wonderful thing about homemade bread is its soft middle section
6. Freshly baked bread is a delicious treat.
A) PQSR B) SQRP C) QPSR D) RQPS
|1. C||2. C||3. B||4. D||5. D||6. A||7. C||8. B||9. B||10. A|
|11. D||12. C||13. D||14. C||15. C|
Solution with explanation
1. Option ‘C’ (SPRQ). In S we have three animals you see; in P we have ALL THE THREE mentioned. So, SP is making a good pair. This pair is only available in option ‘C’.
2. Option ‘C’ (PRQS). IT is the pronoun for FACEBOOK, so our first choice will be P. We have two options ‘B’ and ‘C’ beginning with P, but option ‘B’ is not possible as Q after P is not making any sense.
3. Option ‘B’ (QRPS). GREATER is an adjective, so it must have a noun associated. Only Q begins with a noun (here BEING). BEING = a person or thing that exists; e.g. A war would kill millions of living beings.
5. Option ‘D’ (PRSQ). HE is the pronoun for THE MUSIC MASTER, so RS is making a good pair. This pair is only available in option ‘D’.
6. Option ‘A’ (QRPS). KILLING OF 11 SOLDIERS is the result of RAID, so option QR is making a good pair. This pair is available in two options ‘A’ and ‘C’. But option ‘C’ is not possible as S is not making a sense after R.
7. Option ‘C’ (PRSQ). BUT is normally used to contrast two different situations. In P the lady wants to give a big amount to the doctor; in R the doctor does not want any money. We can see that these two situations are contrasting situations; means PR is making a good pair. This pair is only available in option ‘C’.
8. Option ‘B’ (RPSQ). THERE WAS AN OLD MAN CALLED YUGIYAMA is making a good sense; so our first choice should be R. R as a first choice is only at option ‘B’.
9. Option ‘B’ (SPQR). S is telling us the purpose of using the Internet. So S should be our first choice. S as a first choice is available in two options ‘B’ and ‘D’ but option ‘D’ is not possible as R after S is not making a sense.
11. ‘D’ (SRQP). 1 says time has come for English changes its character that could suit people of India better. S tells us what its design is in the present – mainly learning, courts, and offices (administration). Thus S should be our first choice. S says that time has come it changes its structure that could suit general people of India (dusty street, market place and under the banyan tree). Therefore R is our next choice; means SR is making a good pair. This pair is available in two options ‘C’ and ‘D’; but P should be our last choice as only this is matching with 6 well. Therefore option ‘C’ is rejected.
12. Option ‘C’ (QPRS). Q says that the man was given a packet; P says the packet had some magazines. Thus QP is making a good pair. This pair is available in two options ‘B’ and ‘C’; but S should be our last choice as only this is matching with 6 well. Therefore option ‘B’ is rejected
14. Option ‘C’ (SQPR). 1 says in the plane accident the pilot was killed; S says in that accident a woman and two daughters were unhurt; it means S should be our first choice. S as first choice is only available in option ‘C’.
15. Option ‘C’ (QPRS). Q after P is not giving any sense as P says how delicious homemade bread is when it’s out of the oven; anything is taken out of the oven when it’s fully baked. But Q says about ALMOST BAKED (not FULLY BAKED); thus option ‘A’ is incorrect. Option ‘B’ is rejected as S cannot be our first choice as it can only be considered when FIRST TWO things are described. Option ‘D’ is also rejected as R cannot be our first choice. By the above we see only Q can be our first choice.
For more English Practice Sets on various topics read the following book authored by me.
Link for buying the above bookCLICK HERE TO BUY
For chapters/topics on English Grammar read the following book authored by me.
Link for buying the above bookCLICK HERE TO BUY
please can I get this document in pdf for free?
Not at all!
Sir i have intimated to my postal dept superintendent about my apply and appear of sac cgl 2022. But the head has not given any reply to that letter. After completion of ssc cgl 2022 tier i have reminded my superintendent through reuqest letters about no reply from his office. I got good marks in ssc cgl. What do i do if he doesn’t give techincal resignation incase i get job. No vig cases on me sir. I have intimated about apply and appear of sac cgl 2022 before closing date of ssc cgl. Can i go to CAT if he doesnt give permission to go for new job if i select In ssc cgl 2022
Are you seeking age relaxation for you being in govt job?