SSC EXAMS: IMPORTANT ONE LINERS – COMPUTER AWARENESS
IMPORTANT ONE LINERS – COMPUTER AWARENESS
1) The code for a Web page is written using-Hypertext Markup language
2) The first computers were programmed using-Machine language
3) A filename is a unique name that you give to a file of information
4) This can be another word for program software
5) Any data or instruction entered into the memory of a computer is considered as storage
6) A series of instructions that tells a computer what to do and how to do it is called a program
7) The role of a computer sales representative generally is to determine a buyer’s needs and match it to the correct hardware and software
8) Supercomputers refers to the fastest, biggest and most expensive computers
9) Executing is the process of carrying out commands
10) The rectangular area of the screen that displays a program, data, and or information is a window
11) The process of a computer receiving information from a server on the Internet is known as-downloading
12) Disk drive is the part of the computer helps to store information
13) Arithmetic operations include addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
14) A keyboard is the king of input device
15) An error is known as bug
16) A collection of related information sorted and dealt with as a unit is a file
17) Sending an e-mail is similar to writing a letter
18) A menu contains commands that can be selected
19) Plotter, printer, monitor are the group consists of output devices
20) Edit menu is selected to cut, copy and paste
21) The most important or powerful computer in a typical network is network server
22) The primary purpose of software is to turn data into information
23) The ability to find an individual item in a file immediately direct access is used.
24) To make a notebook act as a desktop model, the notebook can be connected to a docking station which is connected to a monitor and other devices
25) You can use the tab key to move a cursor across the screen, indent a paragraph.
26) A collection of related files is called record.
27) Storage that retains its data after the power is turned off is referred to as non-volatile storage.
28) Internet is an example of connectivity.
29) Testing is the process of finding errors in software code.
30) A syntax contains specific rules and words that express the logical steps of an algorithm.
COURTESY Mr GAURAV SINGH