SSC EXAMS: RULES REGARDING EXTENSION IN JOINING & HOW TO APPLY?
Candidates who have just been selected through the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) passing the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam, Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level (CHSL) Exam, SI Delhi Police and CPO Exam, or any other exam, sometimes are occupied in preparation of other higher exams like Civil Services Exam of UPSC (often termed as IAS Exam), or State PCS Exams or for any other reasons, and therefore do not want to join the current post to that they have been selected immediately and delay their joining.
To get rid of this problem they should seek extension in joining. This post is specifically prepared for them to know how to seek delay their joining, hope this will help them remove their worries regarding this. So guys best luck!
RULES REGARDING EXTENSION IN JOINING & HOW TO APPLY?
You may get extension in joining time up to six months in central govt jobs. But it depends upon the ground of extension. Normally 3 months extension will be given to the candidates from the date of issue of Offer of Appointment. There are some examples/cases where the concerned zone has not entertained further request of extension. (i.e. for remaining 3 months).
If within the specified period, a request is received from the candidate for extension of time, it may be considered by the departments but extension beyond three months should not be granted and it may be granted only as an exception where facts and circumstances so warrant and in any case only up to a maximum of six months from the date of issue of the original offer of appointment.
An offer on appointment would lapse automatically after the expiry of six months from the date of issue of the original offer of appointment. The candidates who join within the above period of six months will have their seniority fixed under the seniority rules applicable to the service/post concerned to which they are appointed, without any depression of seniority.
If, even after the extension(s), if any, granted by the departments, a candidates does not join within the stipulated time (which shall not exceed a period of six month), the offer of appointment should lapse.
An order of appointment which has lapsed should not ordinarily be revived later, except in exceptional circumstances and on grounds of public interest.
If a person is already in job, say in a bank where one needs to serve a notice period for 1 or more months, he can also seek extension in joining on this very ground. But not more than 6 months in any case.
HOW TO SEEK EXTENSION IN JOINING
1. You can apply for the extension of joining only after you’ve got OFFER OF APPOINTMENT.
2. Apply by the date of your appearance that has been mentioned in Offer of Appointment.
3. Write or type a simple application to the sender of that Offer of Appointment citing Order No. and date of the Offer of Appointment, and stating your every concerned detail, like your name, father’s name, address, designation, rank, ground of seeking extension (if required attach documentary proof, etc
4. Apply for 3 months initially, if a need arises apply for another 3 months before the expiry of the earlier extension. But remember it’s not mandatory that your second application for extension in joining is entertained.
5. The best ground for the extension, of course, is medical ground; but it can be any other, like your current job, exam preparation, etc.