SSC MTS Exam–SCHEME OF EXAM
SSC MTS Exam–SCHEME OF EXAM
[Multi Tasking Staff (MTS) Exam conducted by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC)]
SCHEME OF EXAM OF MTS EXAM
The examination will consist of an Online Examination (Paper-I) and a Descriptive Paper (Paper-II).
PAPER-I: OBJECTIVE PAPER (online)
It consists of 100 questions of 100 marks to be attempted in 90 minutes.
|S. No.||Subject||Number of Questions||Marks|
NOTE-I: Duration of the exam will be 120 Minutes for candidates eligible for scribes.
NOTE-II: Negative marking of 0.25 marks for each incorrect answer
NOTE-III: Marks scored by candidates in Paper-I (online Examination), if conducted in multiple shifts, will be normalized.
PAPER-II: DESCRIPTIVE PAPER
- Short Essay/Letter in English or any language included in the 8th schedule of the Constitution of 50 marks for 30 minutes. Duration of the exam will be 40 Minutes for candidates eligible for scribes.
In this paper 5 essays and 5 letters are given, out of which one has to do either the essay or the letter.
NOTE-I: Paper-II will only be of qualifying nature. Qualifying marks in Paper-II will be 40% for unreserved category and 35% for all reserved category candidates.
NOTE-II: Paper-II will be held only for those candidates who meet the cut-off prescribed by the Commission in Paper-I for different categories.
Provision of Compensatory Time and assistance of scribe
1. In case of persons with benchmark disabilities in the category of blindness, locomotor disability (both arms affected-BA) and cerebral palsy, the facility of scribe is provided, if desired by the candidate.
2. In case of remaining categories of persons with benchmark disabilities, the provision of scribe will be available only on production of a certificate at the time of examination to the effect that the person concerned has physical limitation to write, and scribe is essential to write examination on his/ her behalf, from the Chief Medical Officer/ Civil Surgeon/ Medical Superintendent of a Government health care institution as per proforma given below:CLICK HERE TO SEE/DOWNLOAD
3. The candidate will have the discretion of opting for his/ her own scribe or to avail the facility of scribe provided by the Commission. Appropriate choice in this regard will have to be given by the candidate in the online application form.
4. In case the candidate opts for his/ her own scribe, the qualification of the scribe should be one step below the qualification of the candidate taking the examination. The candidates with benchmark disabilities opting for own scribe shall be required to submit details of the own scribe at the time of examination as per proforma given below. In addition, the scribe has to produce a valid ID proof in original at the time of examination. A photocopy of the ID proof of the scribe signed by the candidate as well as the scribe will be submitted along with the below proforma. If subsequently it is found that the qualification of the scribe is not as declared by the candidate, then the candidate shall forfeit his/ her right to the post and claims relating thereto.CLICK HERE TO SEE/DOWNLOAD
5. Own scribe should not be a candidate of this examination. If a candidate is detected as assisting another PwD candidate as scribe in this examination, then the candidatures of both the candidates will be cancelled.
6. A compensatory time of 20 minutes per hour of examination will be provided to the persons who are allowed use of scribe.
7. The candidates who are allowed use of scribe but not availing the facility of scribe will also be given compensatory time of 20 minutes per hour of examination.
8. One eyed candidates and partially blind candidates who are able to read the normal Question Paper set with or without magnifying glass and who wish to write/ indicate the answer with the help of magnifying glass will be allowed to use the same in the Examination Hall and will not be entitled to a Scribe. Such candidates will have to bring their own magnifying glass to the Examination Hall.
9. The PwD candidates who have availed the facility of Scribes/ Passage Reader and/ or compensatory time must produce relevant documents for the eligibility of scribe/ compensatory time at the time of Document Verification. Failure to produce such supporting documents will lead to cancellation of their candidature for the examination.