SSC EXAMS: STEPS AFTER FINAL RESULT OF AN EXAM
SSC EXAM: STEPS AFTER FINAL RESULT
1. The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) does nomination of the candidate for appointment for various posts selected through the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam, the Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level (CHSL) Exam, SI Delhi Police and CPO Exam, etc. to their user departments (department to which one is selected). List of nominations is available at the candidate’s regional website. Nomination these days takes roughly 1 month or so.
2. After the nomination, the user department (a departments to which one is selected) calls a candidate for Document Verification. Earlier the Document Verification was done by the SSC itself, but now it’s made by the user department. If the Documents are found correct, the state/region preferences are asked from the candidates. In a department or two state preferences are not asked for, rather they allocate states according to their policies in this respect. Roughly it takes 2-3 months in the whole process after the nominations.
3. After that, Offer of Appointment is sent by the state/zone allocated.
4. But in CBIC (except TA), CBN, CBI, NIA, NCB the Physical Test is conducted after the state/zone allocation. The Offer of Appointment is sent only if the physical Test is passed.
5. After getting the Offer of Appointment, the medical test is performed and the police verification goes side by side, but in some departments the police verification is done after the joining.
6. Finally joining.
WHAT DOES NOMINATION MEAN IN SSC?
After the final result of an exam the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) sends all documents of the selected candidates to the departments to which they have been selected. This set of documents is called dossier. This mainly includes the exam application, various admit cards, educational/category/other certificates, report of documents verification, etc. When the dossier of a selected person is sent to the concerned department by the SSC, is called nomination. A nomination these days generally takes one month time or so