SYNONYMS SOLVED PRACTICE SET 4
SYNONYMS — PRACTICE SET-4 — SOLVED
A) Submissive B) Stubborn
C) Strong D) Changeable
A) Correct B) Clean
C) Methodical D) Painstaking
A Control B) Associate
C) Copy D) Discriminate
A) Careless B) Thoughtful
C) Penitent D) Unattached
A) Fertilizer B) Dispatch
C) Tax D) Postage
A) Foolish B) Unyielding
C) Unreasonable D) Mischievous
A) Tiring B) Dull
C) Interesting D) Exciting
A) Same B) Strange
C) Surprising D) Tiring
A) Comprehension B) Notion
C) Emotion D) Gist
A) Overconfident B) Frank
C) Arrogant D) Careless
|1. A||2. D||3. B||4. B||5. C||6. B||7. B||8. B||9. B||10. B|
Solution with explanation
1. Option ‘A’ (Submissive). SUBMISSIVE = A submissive person allows themselves to be controlled by other people; e.g.
He was looking for a quiet, submissive wife who would obey his every word.
3. Option ‘B’ (Associate). ASSOCIATE = If you are associated with a particular organization, you support it publicly.
5. Option ‘C’ (Tax); e.g. As there is a cost impost, we, the parents, are required to give permission for both excursions and incursions.
6. Option ‘B’ (Unyielding). UNYIELDING = completely unwilling to change a decision, opinion, demand, etc.; China is unyielding in its demands for a new treaty.
7. Option ‘B’ (Dull). DULL = not interesting or exciting in any way; e.g.
She wrote dull, respectable articles for the local newspaper.
9. Option ‘B’ (Notion). NOTION = a belief or idea; e.g.
The show’s director rejects the notion that seeing violence on television has a harmful effect on children.
For more Practice Sets on Synonyms buy the following book authored by me.
LINK FOR BUYING THE BOOKCLICK HERE TO BUY