SSC CGL MATHS — PRACTICE SET 2 — SOLVED
MATHS — PRACTICE SET 2 — SOLVED
These Practice Sets for Maths are specially designed keeping in view of the pattern that we see in the various competitive exams, especially the Combined Graduate Level Examination (CGLE), SI Delhi Police and CPO Exam, and Grade-II DAAS (except Geometry and Trigonometry) of the Staff selection Commission (SSC) and the DSSSB. I hope they’ll help you immensely.
QUESTIONS: 20 MAXIMUM TIME: 20 minutes
1. When (6767 + 67) is divided by 68, the remainder is?
2. If 1.5x = 0.04y, then the value of (y² – x²)/(y² + 2xy + x²)
3. A can contains a mixture of two liquids A and B in the ratio 7 : 5. When 9 litres of mixture is drawn off and the can is filled with B, the ratio of A and B becomes 7 : 9. Litres of liquid A contained by the can initially was
4. If the digits in the unit and the ten’s places of three digit number are interchanged a new number is formed which is greater than the original number by 63. Suppose the digit in the unit place of the original number be ‘x’; then all the possible value of ‘x’ are ?
a) (7, 8, 9)
b) (2, 7, 9)
c) (0, 1, 2)
d) (1, 2, 8)
5. What is the remainder when [(919) + 6] is divided by 8
6. If a natural number multiplied by 18 and another by 21 and the products thus got are added. Which one of the following could be the sum?
7. A cricket player has an average score of 30 runs for 42 innings played by him. In an innings his highest score exceeds his lowest score by 100 runs. If these 2 innings are excluded, his average of the remaining 40 innings is 28 runs. His highest score in an innings is
8. Sam buys 10 apples for Re 1. At what price should he sell a dozen apples if he wishes to make a profit of 25%?
a) Re 0.125
b) Rs 1.25
c) Re 0.25
d) Rs 1.5
9. Brothers A ans B had some savings in the ratio 4:5. They decided to buy a gift for their sister sharing the cost in the ratio 3:4. After they have bought the gift, A spent 2/3 of his amount while B is left with Rs. 145. Then the value of the gift is?
10. An increases of 20% in the price of mangoes enables a person to purchase 4 mangoes less for Rs 40. The price of 15 mangoes before increase was?
a) Rs 10
b) Rs 15
c) Rs 20
d) Rs 25
11. The speed of a boat upstream is 2/3 that of downstream. Find the ratio of speed of boat in still water and to the average speed of boat in downstream and upstream.
12. A sum of money amounts to Rs 9990 after 3 years and to Rs 14985 after 6 years on compound interest. Find the sum.
13. A and B can fill a cistern in 75/2 min and 45 min respectively. Both the pipes are opened together. The cistern will be filled just in half an hour if the pipe B is turned off after
14. A copper wire is bent in the form of square of area 81 sq cm. If the same wire is bent in the form of a semi circle the radius of semicircle is?
15. The ratio of the areas of the two isosceles triangles having the same vertical angle is 1:4. The ratio of their heights is ?
16. In ΔABC, P & Q are mid points of sides AB & AC respectively. R is a point on the segment PQ such that PR : QR = 1 : 2 If PR = 2 cm then BC = ?
a) 6 cm
b) 10 cm
c) 12 cm
d) 8 cm
17. O is the center of a circle and OX and OY are two radii; ∠XOY = 90 and area of ΔXOY is 32 cm². Find the Area of the circle.
18. If sin A + cos A = 17/13, 0 < x < 90; then sin A – cos A is ?
19. If tan² A = 2tan² B + 1; then find cos² A + sin² B?
20. From the top of a mountain 90 m high, the angle of depression of top and bottom point of a tower are 30° & 60° respectively. Find the height of the tower?
MATHS — PRACTICE SET 2 (IN PDF) — TEST WITH SOLUTIONCLICK HERE TO SEE/DOWNLOAD